Gain the knowledge and skills needed to be an engineering technician in a wide range of industries. This hands-on qualification is supported by the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ).
Completing it will take time off an engineering degree should you wish to continue on to further study, plus it is being aligned with the Dublin Accord to give you international recognition.
- Friendly supportive learning environment and experienced staff.
- Flexible choice of Year 2 project
- An opportunity to use the skills and knowledge gained during the programme to develop and construct a unique product which can be used alongside the formal qualifications gained to enhance employment opportunities.
- Wide range of electrical and electronic equipment to work on in preparation for your future career.
- Wide range of design software to develop projects with.
We have a small presentation outlining details of this programme which can be downloaded here: NZDE Presentation
You can also find more information at http://www.engineer.org.nz/about.htm
Scholarships for 2013
New Zealand Diploma in Engineering scholarship options are available to cover first year student tuition fees* for 2013.
For more information, please download NZDE Scholarship Information and Application Form or visit one of our campus information centres.
For a full list of scholarships, awards and grants available for study at UCOL please visit the scholarships page of our website.
*Application criteria apply.
Programme Fact Sheet
New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Electrical) (Power Specialisation) Fact Sheet
NZ Diploma in Engineering (Electrical Engineering) (Power Specialisation) - Level 6
Study Options / Duration
Domestic $5,906.36 per yearInternational $18,220 per year
UCOL has an Admission and Conversation process to make sure you are studying at a level you are prepared for. The aim is to help you find the right level of study and educational pathway for you to succeed at UCOL. For more information please download and read the UCOL Admission Guide