Free Computing Courses
Learning great new computing skills is 'free and easy' with UCOL's popular Free and Easy computer training course, available at the Palmerston North, Whanganui & Wairarapa campuses.
- start right from the beginning if needed, from turning the computer on, mouse and keyboard practice and understanding the desktop.
- word processing
- using Microsoft Word to write, edit and format text, learning the skills to be able to create or update your CV.
- learn how to browse and search the internet.
- Learn how to set up an email account, send and receive messages and send attachments.
- spread sheets
- learn to use formula in Excel to create a basic monthly budget.
- PowerPoint presentations
- be introduced to PowerPoint and learn how to create a slideshow, including animating clipart and transition effects.
- desktop publishing
- Explore Microsoft Publisher to learn elements of desktop publishing, Publisher wizards and how to insert graphics and text layout formatting.
- learn how to create and use a basic database with Microsoft Access.
Interested in trying out Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Microsoft Office 2013?
- Free and Easy's Palmerston North classroom has computers available with the new software on them for anyone wanting to familiarise themselves with it.
And yes, it is absolutely FREE!
Want to start learning now?
Come to class at the next available time that suits you. You can enrol and start on the same day. See below for class times or download the enrolment form here
for printing , if you want to complete it first and post it in.
Phone 0800 GO UCOL (0800 468265) and we will post an enrolment form to you.
UCOL Palmerston North, Free and Easy Classroom 1-1-02/6-1-12, Princess Street, Palmerston North.
UCOL Whanganui, Free and Easy Classroom E-3-12, 16 Rutland Street, Whanganui.
UCOL Masterton, Room H1, 143-159 Chapel Street, Masterton
Free Computing Courses
Study Options / Duration
Palmerston North, Whanganui, Wairarapa
UCOL has an Admission and Conversation process to make sure you are studying at a level you are prepared for. The aim is to help you find the right level of study and educational pathway for you to succeed at UCOL. For more information please download and read the UCOL Admission Guide