The Postgraduate Diploma of Design Level 8 is a one-year programme consisting of 120 credits.
Work experience/industry project
As part of your studies you will undertake industry oriented design or art projects that address the needs of the project client.
Your personalised timetable will be available just prior to classes starting, and will comprise a weekly commitment of:
- 12 hours of lecturer supported learning in class
- 26 hours of self-directed learning (your own time spent working to complete your assignments)
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may
request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a
scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of
our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.
Recognition of prior learning
Up to two-thirds of the qualification may be credited via recognition of prior learning. In exceptional circumstances, this amount may be increased by the Faculty Board of Educational Improvement.
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form
, where a student believes they can demonstrate specified competencies.