The Certificate in Beauty Services comprises 120 credits.
As part of your studies you'll be involved in running the beauty clinic at UCOL and performing beauty services for the public under the support of your lecturer.
You'll be required to wear a tunic (supplied by UCOL) and comply with UCOL and industry standards of personal presentation.
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course or unit standards have already been met.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may
request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a
scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of
our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.
- An Introductory Guide to Anatomy and Physiology - Louise Tucker (Approximately $60)
- The Art and Science of Beauty Therapy – Jane Foulston (Approximately $80)
Recommended text (optional)
- Cressy’s Beauty Therapy Fact File 5th Edition - Susan Cressy (Approximately $85)
Please go to
to order these books. They will be delivered to the UCOL information Centre at no additional cost and can be collected from there at your convenience.
In order to carry out your practical treatments, you are required to purchase the following equipment:
- A make-up brush kit to be ordered from Beauty Gallery of approximately $70, from 0800 573 5118 / (09) 573 5118, contact person Tania Brown or email email@example.com.
- At least two pairs of tweezers, also from Beauty Gallery, approximately $30
Kits will be delivered to your address with a courier cost of $11.
One or two pairs of black, 3/4 or full-length pants $50.00
One pair of flat, black, enclosed shoes – black $50.00
Stationery (approximately $30)
- Ring binder/s
- Subject dividers
- Pen drive
International ITEC exam (approx. $250)