Association of Students at UCOL (AS@U)
Students are the heart and soul of UCOL and AS@U is the non-profit, independent organisation that is their voice.
AS@U actively provides support, advocacy and essential services to help students succeed in student life while helping them build positive relationships in the community.
All students enrolled at UCOL automatically become AS@U members and have access to a range of services including:
- Free local calls and scanning
- Laminating, printing, and stapling
- Student leadership opportunities
- Locker hire and microwaves
- Hardship, foodbank, and advice on other related issues
- Free tea and coffee
- Monthly forums for student engagement and initiatives
- Relevant awareness campaigns for students
- Annual wall planner
- V@ult Shop
The AS@U office shop has a range of stationery, Gordon Harris art supplies, nursing equipment and snack food items available for purchase.
Become a volunteer for the students and reap the benefits! As a volunteer, students can receive:
- An invitation to the annual volunteer's appreciation function with food and awards
- A written reference
- Skills for future employment
- Opportunities to liaise with UCOL staff and stakeholders
Student Job Search
If you need some assistance with the procedure or interview tips, come along and talk to the Student Association team in The Gap. Students not on campus are welcome to email the Student President
The great thing about studying at UCOL is that there are leadership opportunities with our Student Ambassador programme. You’ll be upskilled and supported in your role and be a key point of communication within your class. It’s a great chance for networking too!
There are lots of ways our students can connect with AS@U; call 0800 GO UCOL and ask for the Student Association, or pop in to see them in The Gap, Shop 10 / 101 Broadway Ave, Palmerston North 4410.
The Student President is also available via email