Note: As a subsidiary of
Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology, UCOL Te Pūkenga is committed to providing the best learning outcome for you. As part of this, all programmes are currently being reviewed to make them portable, consistent, and closely aligned with the needs of the industry. When published, this course information is correct, but the courses offered may change over time. If you have any questions call an Enrolment Advisor on 0800 468 265.
From 2023, UCOL Te Pūkenga and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga. So, if you join UCOL Te Pūkenga in 2023, you will be awarded Te Pūkenga certification. And, if you are a current learner graduating in 2023, you will be awarded a co-branded certificate.
This programme will help you develop introductory knowledge and skills to improve your photography. It will cover:
- Composition of images through the application of design elements and principles such as texture, shape, form, space, shadow and colour as appropriate
- Camera types, use and relevant accessories
- Exposure and ISO
- White balance
- Shutter speed, aperture and focusing
- Using natural and studio lighting
- An introduction to Photoshop processing
- Influences on contemporary photographic practice
- Visual ideas, from analysis of the initial brief
- Research and development from concept to resolution