The Business and Industry Partnerships portfolio was established in 2021 to focus on collaboration between ākonga/learners and our local workforces. Our vision is to bring business into the heart of UCOL Te Pūkenga and provide opportunities not only for ākonga and graduates to be in the workplace, but also for workers to be learners. The Business and Industry Partnerships team also works to make UCOL Te Pūkenga a space where our local business and industry communities feel welcome as a valued partner in our ākonga’s learning journeys. We do this by:
- Building strong collaborative relationships with business and industry that are mutually beneficial to all parties.
- Providing space for employers to make UCOL their home. Check out the plans for the new Workhub building on the UCOL Te Pūkenga Manawatū campus and consider coming for a visit in 2022.
- Building relationships in which industry and business partners see UCOL Te Pūkenga as an enabler and partner of choice.
- Being responsive to and meet the needs of your organisation and those of our ākonga, industries, employers, and communities, whether that be through short courses, professional development, full qualifications, and/or scholarships.
- Complementing our solutions and partnerships with high quality resources existing within UCOL Te Pūkenga and its networks, including knowledgeable staff and educators, first class facilities, and access to industry networks.
- Creating lasting and worthwhile sponsorships that create mutual benefits for our students and your business.
Check out our Business and Industry Partnership booklet and UCOL Te Pūkenga Connect Newsletter