Skip Navigation Links Home Apply NowVerified documents

Verified Documents

When applying or enrolling at UCOL, you'll need to supply verified documents. These are copies of original documents that have been certified as true copies of the original. If the original is not in English, a certified translation must be provided.

How to verify your documents

  • Take the original documents and the copies to a person who can verify them
  • The verifier will identify their official designation on every page of your copies (preferably with an official stamp), sign and date them, and write the following words (or similar), "This is a true copy of an original document that I have sighted."

Who can verify a document?

You can bring your original documents to any of our on-campus Information Centres and we can photocopy and verify them for you. If you can't come into one of our Information Centres, you can ask any of the following to verify documents for you:

  • the institution that originally issued it
  • a solicitor or barrister of the High Court
  • a notary public
  • a Justice of the Peace
  • a Court Registrar
  • a Public Trust Officer
  • Kaumatua (for whakapapa statement only). An officially verified copy of a whakapapa statement is acceptable only when a student cannot obtain a birth certificate. Both the student and a Kaumatua must sign the whakapapa as evidence of identity and citizen

Where to send documents

You can drop your documents off to us at any of our Information Centres, or you can always send your verified documents to us via post or courier.


Student Registry
Universal College of Learning
Private Bag 11022
Palmerston North 4442
New Zealand


Student Registry
Universal College of Learning
Corner of King and Princess Streets
Palmerston North 4442
New Zealand