At UCOL Te Pūkenga you're supported to do your job and are part of an organisation committed to inspiring our students, businesses, and communities to succeed.
Whether you’re an academic or professional member of staff at UCOL Te Pūkenga, you are warmly welcomed to the organization and are provided access to a range of benefits.
To mark the start of each year UCOL Te Pūkenga holds a Staff Welcome Day event. This day is a good way for new staff to meet colleagues, share some kai, and hear about the direction for the year ahead.
Providing an environment where individuals can develop their lives and careers is at the heart of what we do.
- All staff receive 10 days per annum for approved professional development.
- Regular professional development sessions offered on each campus.
- Regular Te Atakura Communities of Practice.
- Annual Staff Symposium.
- Academic staff have the opportunity each year to apply for academic promotion.
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning, a website offering video courses by industry experts on various topics.
- Four Annual Staff Awards of $5000 value each are presented every year for professional development.
- Car parks provided for all UCOL Te Pūkenga staff members.
- Free bus services are available to all UCOL Te Pūkenga staff within the Palmerston North and Whanganui cities
- Access to libraries on each campus and their collections.
Experiences Unique to UCOL Te Pūkenga
- Opportunities to book in with student Beauty, Nail Technology and Hairdressing clinic days in the UCOL Te Pūkenga specialist facilities.
- Opportunities to dine at the UCOL Te Pūkenga training restaurants.
- Option to take up an annual gym membership with access to the UCOL Te Pūkenga gym and student trainers in Palmerston North.
- Flu injections are available to staff free of charge.
- Access to the services of an occupational health nurse for work station assessments, hearing and eye tests, and cholesterol and blood sugar monitoring.
- UCOL Te Pūkenga has formed a partnership with Southern Cross to provide staff with affordable healthcare. The ‘Group Scheme’ arrangement offers staff benefits which include a special discount on premiums, and special medical concessions.
- Financial contributions towards eye exams and eye wear.
- All permanent salaries are reviewed annually in accordance with performance criteria, separate from any general wage increase.
- Additional annual leave, above legal minimum requirements plus additional UCOL Te Pūkenga Institutional Holidays.
- Financial recognition for employees obtaining relevant qualifications during their employment.
- Eligible staff members may apply for a fees concession on either their UCOL Te Pūkenga studies or that of their partner and their dependent children.
Local Business Offers
UCOL Te Pūkenga staff enjoy discounts from a large number of local business including cafes, restaurants, theatres and automotive businesses.
- Duncan Motors
- Joe’s Garage
- Lollipops Educare (Grey Street branch)
- Scholars Café
- Stage Door Atrium (at UCOL Te Pūkenga)
- Stage Door Café
- Vautier Pharmacy